Ensure all children meet national expectations
We work with your schools to ensure that the Read Write Inc. Phonics training and support packages are used effectively to meet these goals:
- 90%+ Year 1 pupils reach the expected standard of the Phonics Screening Check
- 100% Year 2 pupils reach the standard expected standard of the Phonics Screening Check
- all pupils develop reading fluency
- older struggling readers learn to read at a level commensurate with their age
- the teaching of reading and writing is rigorous, consistent and of the highest quality
- leaders keep track of pupils’ reading progress – and act on the data – to ensure long-term success.
Headteacher of Ark Academy Primary
RMT trust consultant trainers analyse reading data every half term to provide trust leaders with actions that will have the most impact on pupils’ progress. They then propose a practice and coaching plan for each school, and discuss implementation at a training with reading leaders.