This policy covers the following services operated by Ruth Miskin Literacy Limited:
- ruthmiskin.com – Ruth Miskin Training Website
- schools.ruthmiskin.com – Ruth Miskin Training Schools Portal
- mybookblog.org – My Book Blog Portal
- talkthroughstories.com – Talk Through Stories Website and Portal
- Other internal information systems operated by Ruth Miskin Literacy Limited
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, Ruth Miskin Literacy Limited (‘we’ or ‘us’) is the ‘data controller’ (ie the company who is responsible for, and controls the processing of, your personal data).
Please click to:
We will obtain personal data about you (such as your name, address, email address, telephone number, role, dietary information) when you sign up to use our services. When you sign up for our newsletter, we will obtain your name and email address.
We may also obtain sensitive personal data about you if you volunteer it during the completion of an online form. If you volunteer such information, you will be consenting to our processing it for the purpose of providing our training.
Personal data we may collect about you when you are logging in to MyBookBlog or the School Portal as a teacher.
Messages from Ruth Miskin Literacy Ltd are confidential. You should not copy it or disclose its contents to anyone. You may use and apply the information for the intended purposes only.
- Ruth Miskin Literacy Ltd does not accept legal responsibility for the contents of our email communications
- Any views or opinions presented are those of the author only and not of Ruth Miskin Literacy Ltd
- If an email has come to you in error, please forward it to email@example.com and delete it immediately
- If you are not an intended recipient, you must not copy, distribute or take any action in reliance on it
- Ruth Miskin Literacy Ltd may intercept incoming and outgoing email communications
- Although Ruth Miskin Training Ltd operates anti-virus scanners, we do not accept responsibility for any damage that is caused by viruses being passed.
When accessing MyBookBlog, we may collect two types of information: (1) personally identifiable information: and (2) information this is not personally identifiable. Personally, identifiable information includes information that identifies you personally, alone or in combination with other information available to us. E.g. names, school, date of birth… As part of the standard operation of MyBookBlog you will need to submit personally identifiable information when creating a user account
We will also collect non-personal information from you, including browser type, operating system, IP address from where you access the site. As well as written information stored as part of the use of the services e.g. blogs, reviews and polls. We may also collect information about your browsing behaviour for example when you log in and how often and which pages you might visit whilst browsing this is to inform us on development tasks.
Personal data of School Staff
We will use your personal data for a number of purposes. These purposes include:
- To help us identify you and any accounts you hold with us
- Research, statistical analysis and behavioural analysis
- Customer profiling and analysing your purchasing preferences
- Marketing—see ‘Marketing and opting out’, below
- Fraud prevention and detection
- Billing and order fulfilment
- Customising this website and its content to your particular preferences
- To notify you of any changes to this website or to our services that may affect you
- Security vetting
- Improving our services.
Personal data of MyBookBlog users
- Communicate with you regarding MyBookBlog
- Provide you with customised content
- Administer the website, monitor it’s uses and diagnose problems
- Remember you when you return to the website, so that you don’t have to resubmit details and preferences
- Conduct research to improve our website and services
- To protect the security and integrity of our services.
Marketing & Opting out
If you have given permission, we may contact you by email, phone or mail about products, training, special offers, promotions that may be of interest to you. If you prefer not to receive any direct marketing communications from us, you can opt out at any time. See ‘Your rights’, below for further information.
Disclosure of your personal data
We may disclose your personal data to:
- Our agents and service providers, including our 3rd party invoicing company
- Law enforcement agencies in connection with any investigation to help prevent unlawful activity
Keeping your Data secure
We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal data, for example:
- Access to your account is controlled by a password and user name that are unique to you
- We store your personal data on secure servers
- All data is encrypted using SSL technology (typically you will see a lock icon or green address bar (or both) in your browser when we use this technology).
While we will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal data, you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data that are transferred from you or to you via the internet.
Information about other individuals
If you give us information on behalf of someone else, you confirm that the other person has appointed you to act on his/her behalf and has agreed that you can:
- Give consent on his/her behalf to the processing of his/her personal data
- Receive on his/her behalf any data protection notices
- Give consent to the transfer of his/her personal data abroad
- Give consent to the processing of his/her dietary requirements.
You have the right, subject to the payment of a small fee (currently £10), to request access to personal data that we may process about you. If you wish to exercise this right, you should:
- Put your request in writing
- Include proof of your identity and address (eg a copy of your driving licence or passport, and a recent utility or credit card bill)
- Attach a cheque in the amount of £10 made payable to Ruth Miskin Literacy Limited
- Specify the personal data you want access to, including any account or reference numbers where applicable.
You have the right to require us to correct any inaccuracies in your data free of charge. If you wish to exercise this right, you should:
- Put your request in writing
- Provide us with enough information to identify you
- Specify the information that is incorrect and what it should be replaced with.
You also have the right to ask us to stop processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. If you wish to exercise this right, you should:
- Put your request in writing (an email sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with a header that says ‘Unsubscribe’ is acceptable)
- Provide us with enough information to identify you if your objection is not to direct marketing in general, but to direct marketing by a particular channel (eg email or telephone), specify the channel you are objecting to.
Our Contact details
We welcome your feedback and questions. If you wish to contact us, please send an email to email@example.com or you can write to us at 7 Sandys Row, London, E1 7HW. Our registered office is 7 Sandys Row, London, E1 7HW.