Director of Education for Ark schools
We provide additional support for trusts with four or more schools, where the majority of schools adopt Read Write Inc.
Once schools are trained, we meet half-termly with trust leaders (CEO, directors and trust reading leader) to agree an action plan based on each school’s latest reading data.
We offer discounts on new and renewal trust plans.
We ask that the CEO and directors:
- make sure headteachers fulfil their commitments
- appoint a trust reading leader
- meet with an RMT trust trainer to agree the half-termly action plan.
We ask that the trust reading leader:
- meet with RMT trust trainer to agree the half-termly action plan
- supports school reading leaders to implement their half-termly action plan
- attends development days in schools that need the most support
- makes sure reading leaders complete half-termly online assessments
- manages communication between the trust, RMT and OUP
- updates the RMT survey every half-term
- makes sure schools are sufficiently resourced.
We help you teach even the most struggling reader and sustain long-term success in your trust with our seven commitments below:
Training a Reading Leader
Our face to face six day leadership course helps reading leaders develop the expertise to lead their reading team.
Providing the best quality training and support
We show teachers how to develop children’s reading- from decoding to fluency and writing- from letter formation and spelling to writing their own compositions.
Training one-to-one tutors
All children can learn to read. With our Fast Track Tutoring handbook and online films, all children achieve success every day- including those who have SEND.
Introducing rigorous assessment and tracking
Our online assessment and tracking tool helps teachers analyse individual children’s reading progress and plan the next steps.
Grouping children effectively for maximum progress
Effective grouping means that every child learns at their specific ‘challenge’ level for a full hour every day. (Reception children start with just 20 minutes). Progress is maximised.
Using interactive strategies for the best learning behaviour
Working with a partner, children articulate their ideas and develop their spoken language and comprehension. They practise everything they are taught and answer every question together. Routines help children feel safe.
Providing extensive support for parents and carers
Parents and carers help children practise phonics and read storybooks at home. Our virtual classroom has over 850 phonics lessons- from decoding practice to supporting fluency.