Ruth Miskin Training assigns a trust trainer to the trust who:
- provides a half-termly report following an analysis of pupils reading accuracy and fluency across the trust, and schools’ fidelity to the programme
- meets with the trust reading leader to review school-by-school data
- draws up an individual action plan for each school following each review.
Commitments: trust CEO/ Directors
- Appoint a trust reading leader.
- Ensure headteachers and trust reading leader agree to meet their commitments.
- Meet half-termly with the trust reading leader and RMT trust trainer to review the schools’ data and commitments.
- Agree the training and support plan.
Commitments: trust reading leader
- Meet half-termly with the RMT trust trainer to review the schools’ data and commitments.
- Put the training and support plan into action.
- Take responsibility for all communication within the trust – trust leaders and schools, RMT and OUP.
- Ensure schools are fully resourced.
- Check headteachers and reading leaders meet their commitments.
- Appoint a reading leader.
- Ensure reading teachers attend two-days Fresh Start training.
- Release teaching assistants to teach the slowest progress pupils.
Commitments: reading leader
- Attend Development days and Remote progress meetings.
- Ensure Fresh Start lessons take place daily for all identified pupils.
- Teach Fresh Start lessons for 30 minutes (one-to-one or small group teaching from Module 14 onwards).
- Assess and track student’s reading progress every half term.
- Upload data onto the RMT portal.
- Share agreed assessment data with RMT every half term (include standardised reading scores on Pupil progress tracker).
- Ensure Fresh Start Modules/ Anthologies and Virtual Classroom links are sent home for pupils to practise every week.