Rigorous, consistent teaching
We support English Hubs to ensure that the teaching of reading and writing is rigorous, consistent and of the highest quality in Read Write Inc. partner schools.
An assigned RMT trainer keeps track of pupils’ reading progress and helps literacy specialists act on data to ensure that:
- the teaching of reading is consistent and of high quality
- teachers know how to teach even the most struggling reader
- leaders keep a close track of children’s reading progress and act on the data.
Training for literacy specialists on the implementation of Read Write Inc. Phonics
We offer two-day remote RWI Phonics training in summer and autumn terms. This training shows literacy specialists how to focus teachers’ attention on the activities that will accelerate pupils’ progress.
The hub lead can book one-day data days for literacy specialists to work with their RMT trainer every term.
The RMT trainer shares partner schools’ data with hub leads to:
- analyse pupils’ progress and set targets in Read Write Inc. partner schools
- decide on next steps for training, practice and coaching
- prepare pupils for the Phonic Screening Check
- keep literacy specialists up to date with programme developments
- use the RMT online subscription effectively on literacy specialist days. (Literacy specialists are given access if the hub has booked Read Write Inc. support package.)
Half-termly data discussion
The hub lead can book half-termly calls on Microsoft Teams or Zoom to:
- analyse pupils’ progress in partner schools using Read Write Inc.
- discuss partner schools that cause concern.
Reading leader training
The hub lead can book training for reading leaders in partner and graduated schools.
The RMT trainer develops reading leaders’ expertise in:
- understanding the cycle of assessment, practice and coaching
- creating a strong start in Reception
- preparing pupils for the Phonics Screening Check
- using the online subscription effectively
- ensuring schools adhere to the headteachers’ 10 commitments.
Reading leaders in partner schools can book onto free informations sessions throughout the year. These will be advertised in RMT newsletters to hubs and partner schools.