Rigorous, consistent teaching
We support English Hubs to ensure that the teaching of reading and writing is of the highest quality in Read Write Inc. partner schools.
We keep track of reading progress with the hub team to ensure that:
- literacy specialists and leaders in partner schools act on the data
- teachers know how to teach even the most struggling reader.
Hub leads can book a data day for literacy specialists to work with their RMT trainer every term.
The RMT trainer works with the team to support graduated and partner schools and:
- share expert programme knowledge
- analyse data
- set targets to accelerate progress
- lead data-driven support
- agree assessment, practice and coaching actions
- provide solutions for schools of concern
- prepare for the phonic screening check
- make effective use of the online subscription.
Hub leads can book any of our six Leadership training days for their hub-funded Read Write Inc. schools.
- Build an expert team
- Make a strong start in Reception
- Fast track tutoring
- From sounds to stories
- Getting to grips with graphemes (PSC)
- Fluent readers.
Trainings are either a full-day face-to-face or 2-hour remote overview sessions.
Access to the online subscription is provided for hub leads and literacy specialists supporting Read Write Inc. schools when hub support is booked.
Funding for Read Write Inc. Phonics: Fresh Start
Read Write Inc. Fresh Start is an age-appropriate resource for teaching the Read Write Inc. Phonics programme to pupils in upper key stage 2 and key stage 3.
Training for Read Write Inc. Phonics includes support for teaching Fresh Start:
• free online training for the Fresh Start programme when schools buy the Read Write Inc. Phonics subscription from Ruth Miskin Training
• access to the Fresh Start teaching handbook when schools buy the Read Write Inc. Phonics teaching subscription on Oxford Owl.
Hubs may fund Fresh Start decodable Modules and Anthologies; matching the progression and structure of Read Write Inc. Phonics.
These decodable texts are age-appropriate for pupils in upper key stage 2.
We provide remote support, free of charge
For hub leads:
- half-termly remote data calls with RMT leader to discuss data headlines.
For literacy specialists working with Read Write Inc. schools:
- two-day Read Write Inc. Phonics training for new literacy specialists
- one-day advanced Read Write Inc. Phonics training
- half-termly for 1 hour: data actions from an expert
- termly for 45 minutes: how Read Write Inc. supports special schools.
For reading leaders of partner and graduated schools- 45 minute sessions:
- accelerating progress in Reception and Year 1
- phonics screening check success (spring term)
- make a strong start in Reception (summer term).
- termly meetings to share Read Write Inc. Phonics information including the Headteachers checklist for success and costings documents.
Book Talk Through Stories training for your schools
The Talk Through Stories programme extends and deepens children’s vocabulary and love of stories; for children in Reception and Year 1.
Hubs can book a one-day, face-to-face Talk Through Stories training for hub-funded schools (regardless of SSP).
The training shows reading leaders and Reception teachers how to:
• teach the Talk Through Stories activities for over 60 books
• help children learn new words every week
• inspire children to care about the characters and understand the story
• choose the right books to connect with children.
Talk Through Stories is included as part of the Ruth Miskin Online Subscription.