‘A refresher for me as an EYFS practitioner and good ideas for developing children’s language’
Our trainer Sinead ran a Nursery training at our office in London this week.
We asked delegates:
What did you enjoy most about the training?
- ‘The strategies to use in class and the pace of the training.’
- ‘Sinead was engaging and made me feel confident in teaching phonics to my class at the right time.’
- ‘A refresher for me as an EYFS practitioner and good ideas for developing children’s language’
- ‘Interactive and engaging.’
- ‘Talking to other teachers about our practice and ideas.’
- ‘It was hands-on, straight to the point.’
- ‘The ‘my turn, your turn’ strategy – I will use this with children.’
What aspect of the training will have the greatest impact on your teaching?
- ‘Good, new ideas for developing language.’
- ‘Instilling a love of reading and teaching children to speak in full sentences.
- ‘Working with parents.’
- ‘All of it! Storytelling and ‘build a sentence’ were really interesting.’
Phonics for Nursery shows you how to grow children’s vocabulary through role-play, discussion and building sentences. We place huge emphasis on developing children’s love of reading through enticing story and poetry times.
In the last term of Nursery, children begin to learn to say the sounds of letters for Reception class.