See how teachers from Newington Community Primary School in Ramsgate plan and prepare their books for teaching. The photos show how they:
- introduce the story (Reading activity 3 and 4)
- use Power words and key vocabulary in their discussion (RA 3 and 4)
- make links between real-life experiences and stories they have heard before (RA 3 and 4)
- prepare questions for children to discuss with their partner (RA 3 and 4)
- plan for the use of role-play with puppets and props (RA 3, 6 and 7)
- explain words and ideas. Plan where to Think out loud during the Explain a page and Questions to talk about activities (RA 6)
- use ‘walking thesaurus words’ (RA 6 and 7)
- annotate the book with ideas for teaching storyteller voice (RA 7).
Download these slides for your own use.