IT Support Technician
Salary - £24000 per annum
Reporting to – Lead Software Engineer
Place of work – Liverpool Street, E1
Hours of work – 8.30 to 17.00
Contract – Fixed term: 6 months
Ruth Miskin Training specialises in training teachers across the UK and internationally to help children of all ages learn to read and keep reading. Based in central London, we are a friendly, welcoming office, with regular social events.
Reporting to the Lead Software Engineer, the IT Support Technician is based in the technology team and is responsible for offering first-line technical support. The IT Support Technician will be the first port of call for support, installation and maintenance of hardware and software on and off-site. The documentation of help-guides and FAQs will form a key part of the role.
1. First-Line Support
- Provide first-line technical support (remote and on-site) to Ruth Miskin employees and users of third-party and company products.
- Work with the tech team to monitor support requests and use information to determine where systems can be improved.
- Document FAQs and create help guides.
2. Hardware Support
- Set up and maintain tech equipment (Mac OS, iOS, Windows).
- Manage the office Internet and phone infrastructure.
- Manage ordering of tech equipment, recommending appropriate hardware where required.
3. System Support
- Manage a Device Enrolment Program to ensure employees are using the correct software.
- Work with the Lead Software Engineer on establishing and maintaining company IT policies, ensuring that the company is GDPR compliant.
4. Additional Roles (training provided)
- Responding to data requests using SQL.
- Linux cloud server administration.
Essential skills and qualities required for this role:
- Educated to degree level, preferably in an IT or Science subject
- Excellent problem solver
- Proficient with MacOS and Windows
- Excellent communication skills
- Efficient organization skills – planning, organising and prioritising
- Ability to work accurately under pressure
- Knowledge of Mac Terminal
- Basic SQL
- Comfortable with Linux systems
- Experience in a similar role
Whilst every effort has been made to explain the main duties and responsibilities of the post, each individual task undertaken may not be identified. The IT Support Technician will be expected to comply with any reasonable request from the Lead Software Engineer to undertake work of a similar level that is not specified in this job description.
This job description may be amended at any time following discussion between the Lead Software Engineer and the IT Support Technician.
Please apply with a CV and covering letter to email@example.com.