More schools have been rated as performing well compared to the previous year using a colour-coded rating system.
Schools are grouped into four colours based on their performance, green, yellow, amber or red:
- 333 primary and secondary schools were rated the top "green" category in 2015, up from 236 in 2014
- Schools in the bottom “red” category fell from 81 in 2014 to 58 in 2015
- A large gap still exists between the lowest performing and highest performing schools.
Read full article here.
A huge congratulations to 8 of our Welsh Model Schools, who have achieved the "green" rating:
- Johnstown Primary School, Carmarthenshire
- Parcyrhun County Primary School, Carmarthenshire
- Abercerdin Primary School, Mid Glamorgan
- Romilly Primary School, Vale of Glamorgan
- Hendredenny Park Primary School, Mid Glamorgan
- Shirenewton Primary School, Monmouthshire
- Sandycroft Community Primary School, Flintshire
- Ysgol Glan Gele Infant School, Conwy