Winning schools will receive a book bundle worth £300 and the name of the child and school in the end credits.
Winning films will mirror the original ‘Sound Pronunciation Guide’ video.
- One child shot against a white background
- Medium shot
- Child to look directly into the lens
- All Set 1 and 2 sounds plus 'ure', 'ear' and 'ire' from Set 3
- Sounds pronounced clearly in the order they appear on the simple sounds chart
- Child to say 'these are the set 1 sounds', 'these are the stretchy sounds', 'these are the bouncy sounds', 'these are the Set 2 sounds', 'these are the long vowels', 'these are the last set 3 sounds to learn'
- Child to hold up the A4 Sound cards as they say the sounds.
The film should be:
- Shot with an iPad or similar (720p HD video- 1280x720 resolution) and must be secured on a tripod or similar
- The raw footage – no editing necessary.
- Written titles
- Background music
- Background noise.
Any child appearing in the film must have written consent from a parent. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for the Ruth Miskin Training model release form.
A link from cloud storage, such as Dropbox, Box, iCloud etc. should be sent to email@example.com by 24 July.